Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 AM

tongyun is on a distinguished road
Default Obama

Do you suppose Obama will be elected President of the United States just because he is a black man? I know it's not politically correct to make race an issue, but lets face it, some people will vote for him just because of his color.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:19 PM

zteccc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyun View Post
Do you suppose Obama will be elected President of the United States just because he is a black man? I know it's not politically correct to make race an issue, but lets face it, some people will vote for him just because of his color.
That is the unfortunate truth. Another unfortunate truth is that some people will vote against him just because of his skin color. Either scenario is wrong, and yet both will happen (one could hope they are balanced and cancel each other out).

Further, there are some people who, when answering polls about this election, will give the "politically correct" answer (e.g. lie) and then when they go to the voting booth (where they expect privacy) will vote the opposite way. So polls are likely not telling the true story about this election.

Let me propose this, however. If Mrs. Clinton had won her party's nomination, then people would have this exact discussion about her being a woman.

-- Jeff
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 AM

Froix is on a distinguished road

It's a sad truth but you can say the same of people voting for McCain because he is older, is a war veteran,... and of people voting for Obama for listening to hip music,..

The fact is lots of people will be voting for a candidate based on if not fully on irrelevant facts, hopefully most won't.

Yeah I don't think being a war vet is relevant in choosing a President.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 AM

sanju123 is on a distinguished road

Well whosoever becomes the President, the scenario will be the same in both the cases.The racial issues are always sensitive and are able to create that desired wave.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:55 PM

This morning, while watching Good Morning America, they showed a poll where more than 90% of the black voters asked will vote for Obama. Maybe I'm just weird, but I'm voting for the best candidate and at this point, it's "none of the above"!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:30 PM

Crys2101 is on a distinguished road

There are people who are voting for him because of his skin color, but I think most people are voting for him because they're gullible. I'm democrat, but this year I won't be voting for democrat at the top of the ticket. This guy won't answer questions about his past truthfully. He's got connections to dangerous people. I question his character. It's amazes me that Obama is surrounded by shady and corrupt people, but yet he has an excuse for each connection. The latest one about Bill Ayers floors me. He claims he didn't know Bill Ayers helped kill people at the time that Bill Ayers launched Obama's political career in his living room. He knew, but he didn't care.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:49 PM

Crys, you are totally right about Obama and his lack of accountability and complete denial when confronted with shady people from his past. When he said he never heard the hateful words from his former pastor (Wright) I knew he was lying and could not be trusted.